If you’re going to succeed with your social media marketing campaigns, you must be able to engage your audience. We’re long past the “wild west” phase of social media marketing—now, brands have flooded social media platforms, and they’re all competing for your attention.
Your firm must focus on social media content that gets engagement and starts conversations. While you’re going to want to include plenty of content that’s related to your law firm and its offerings, not all content needs to be directly related to your work. Instead, it can be helpful to start conversations that allow you to get to know your audience’s personality and their likes and dislikes.
Here are a few examples of some questions you might consider asking your followers on social media to get conversations started.
- What is something you wish you were better at?
- What type of hidden talents do you have?
- If you could travel to the future or the past, which would you choose and why?
- What’s your idea of a perfect day?
- Are you a minimalist or a collector?
- What three things can you not live without?
- What are you most looking forward to this week/month/year?
- If you could only choose one season to live in, which would it be and why?
- What’s your opinion on (article related to your clients’ interests)?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
You get the idea. There are plenty of questions like this that you can take and personalize to fit your firm’s brand and even make more specific. The answers you get to these types of questions can tell you a lot about who your clients are, which will help you better serve them.
You should not ask these random questions just for the sake of getting shares and likes—you should also make sure to engage with the people who respond. Ask further questions, respond with comments, continue the conversation.
Keep in mind that these types of questions should only make up a small portion of your social media marketing strategy. But when used strategically and in a way that fits with your brand, they can be truly effective at helping you get to know your audience.
Contact us at Conroy Creative Counsel for more social media marketing tips for your law firm.