Email marketing is essential for businesses across all industries, and law firms are no exception. In fact, with the growing competition in the legal industry, it is becoming increasingly important for law firms to utilize email marketing to connect with their clients and keep them engaged.
With all the tips and tricks you can find on the internet, knowing where to start growing your email list can be challenging. This article will discuss the importance of email lists for law firms and five ways to start building your email list today.
What is an Email List?
Firstly, let’s understand what an email list is. An email list is a collection of email addresses a law firm has collected through various channels, such as website opt-ins, events, referrals, and social media. These email addresses are then used to send out newsletters, promotional emails, and other email communications to subscribers.
Why Email Lists are Important
Email lists allow businesses to connect with their audience more personally, which is especially important for law firms that must build trust and credibility with their clients. Here are some of the benefits of having an email list.
- Staying on Your Client’s Mind — With so many law firms out there, it’s easy for clients to forget about a firm or move on to another one if they don’t feel engaged. Regular emails allow you to stay at the top of your client’s minds and remind them of your services. This can be especially important for law firms that offer niche services, as clients may not need their services regularly but will remember them when needed.
- Provide Clients With Valuable Information — You can share updates on changes in the law, new case studies, or other relevant information that their clients may find helpful. This not only helps to build trust and credibility with clients, but it also positions your firm as a thought leader in your industry.
- Create Targeted Email Campaigns — Email marketing platforms allow you to segment your list based on various factors such as location, interests, and past interactions with your firm. You can then create targeted email campaigns that are more likely to resonate with your audience. For example, if you’re a law firm specializing in family law, you can segment your list to email clients who have expressed interest in divorce proceedings.
- Drive Traffic to Your Website — Including links to relevant blog posts or landing pages in your emails allows you to encourage clients to visit your website and learn more about your services. This can be especially effective for law firms with a strong online presence and regularly producing content relevant to their clients.
- Stay in Touch With Clients — You can stay in touch with clients in a non-intrusive way. Unlike phone calls or in-person meetings, email communications allow clients to engage with your firm on their own terms. They can read your emails when convenient for them and respond or act when ready. This makes it easier for clients to engage with your firm and helps build a more positive relationship between the client and the law firm.
How to Grow Your Email List
Now that you know the importance of an email list, you may wonder how to start and grow your email list. Here are some simple yet effective ways to increase your email subscribers.
#1. Make Your Signup Form Prominent
A clear, prominent signup form is essential. Avoid having it too far down the page that visitors must scroll to find it. You could use a pop-up, but use them sparingly and avoid an immediate entry pop-up. This could push users away from your website.
#2. Make it a CTA in Your Blog Posts
Making signing up for your newsletter the CTA (call to action) in your blog posts is a great way to gain subscribers. One simple way to do this is to create a lead magnet.
A lead magnet is something that you offer in exchange for the visitor’s email address, such as a template, ebook, or another type of download that can benefit them. For example, you could make it a simple form that will let visitors know about your newsletter, offering whatever you choose as your lead magnet when someone signs up for your email list.
#3. Provide Email Recipients With Valuable Content
When you provide valuable content in your newsletter, recipients are more apt to share your email with colleagues and friends. Provide great content in your newsletter and encourage subscribers to share emails with friends.
#4. Social Sharing
Including buttons leading to social media platforms encourages subscribers to share your email. You can also include a button to send the email to a friend.
Another great way to use social media to grow your email list would be to repurpose your newsletter’s content on social media platforms. Then, at the end of each caption, include a CTA to link to your newsletter signup form.
#5. Email Signature
A simple yet effective option is to include a link to your newsletter signup form in your email signature. Something as simple as a link to direct people to your newsletter can be effective, as they will see it each time they receive an email from you.
Conroy Creative Counsel, Your Marketing Co-Counsel
An email list is essential for law firms looking to build client relationships. By providing valuable information, segmenting your audience, and driving traffic to your website, email marketing can be a vital way for law firms to connect with their clients and stay ahead of the competition. So if you’re a law firm that needs to build an email list, now is the time to start.
At Conroy Creative Counsel, we can help you create the right strategy and platform for your email marketing campaigns. In addition, we will develop content for your newsletters to be delivered to your clients, providing another avenue to bring visitors to your website and emphasize your knowledge.
Contact us today for a consultation.