When milestones come up for your firm, it’s important to celebrate them! These milestones serve as a great way to reflect on how much your firm and clients have accomplished together, and are a great way to nurture relationships with those clients—especially when you have extended, ongoing relationships with them.
These milestones could include the number of years you’ve worked together, specific achievements or accomplishments, hurdles you’ve overcome together or just about anything else you think is notable or worth celebrating.
Here are a few examples of some simple ways you can celebrate these milestones in a genuine way.
- Cards: Cards are a great way to celebrate a goal you achieved together, especially for clients who would prefer not to have a big fuss made over a milestone. A card is a genuine gesture of appreciation and congratulations without being too over the top. You can also use it at the close of a working relationship with a client to thank them for the opportunity to assist them with their legal needs.
- Emails: An even simpler and more understated method is to mark the occasion or accomplishment in an email. A simple note from you to your client specifically dedicated to marking a milestone shows the client you’ve been thinking about them and that you are personally dedicated to their needs.
- Personalized gifts: If you and a client reach a big milestone, you might consider sending them a personalized gift. This could include a basket with their favorite foods or sweets, a personalized item for them to keep on their desk, gift certificates to a restaurant they like—just about anything you think would be of specific value or interest to that particular client. This is especially appropriate for fields like estate planning or law firms, where attorneys are more likely to have ongoing relationships with clients rather than simply working on one legal issue.
- Sharing milestones on social media: This doesn’t work with all types of law, but there are some circumstances in which sharing milestones on social media can be appropriate and appreciated, especially if you are working with firms.
- Remembering important dates: Always try to remember birthdays, anniversaries and other important dates so you can send out cards, emails or make other small gestures.
Prioritize these milestones and their celebration—it’s just one more way you’ll be able to strengthen your relationships with your clients!
For more information about celebrating milestones for your law firm, contact us at Conroy Creative Counsel.