Search engine optimization is one of the most critical ways you can drive traffic to your website. But how do you stand out from the crowd, especially when you’re working within a crowded market?
We’re proud to offer Stand Out From the Crowd: Your guide to being visible to local people who need your help. This easy-to-understand guide will help you understand how SEO works on a local basis. From responding to unfavorable reviews to citation creation and management, you’ll receive concrete tips to help get noticed in your community.
Here’s a preview of what you’ll get when you download the guide:
- Google My Business tips: Google My Business (GMB) is your business’s directory page, within the Google framework. If you own a business, your first order of business should be creating a GMB page: the data is used for local search results. Once you’re verified, you can enter the practical details from your business, including the legal name, description, categories, location information and operating hours.
- A guide to NAP best practices: Improving your business’s rank in local search results largely depends on NAP: name, address and phone number. The address you use should be consistent on every entry: if you write it as 123 Main St. Suite A, Anytown, don’t type 123A Main St., Anytown—even if the post office will still deliver. You’ll learn how to navigate common situations, including different business and retail addresses, how to efficiently change your address and even using additional phone numbers for tracking purposes.
- Citation creation and management: An online mention of your business’s NAP is called a citation. Citations can be full (an exact match to your business NAP) or partial (only part of the NAP matches). Citations should be full whenever possible—we’ll teach you how to create and manage your citations across the web, in order to get better SEO results.
- How to leverage reviews: The better your reviews, the more traffic your website will receive. When you get an unfavorable review, it can feel like the end of the world. Find out how you can leverage your reviews for better SEO results—and how to make sure any negative reviews won’t hurt your rankings.
- Creating great content: Writing consistent, valuable content can be tricky, but it’s a time-tested method of generating more traffic and improving your rankings. This part of the guide gives owners a template for helpful blog posts and key SEO tricks to bring in more web traffic. You’ll learn which information to include and what kind of posting schedule works best.
Local SEO optimization is both an art and a science—and the time you invest will pay off in dividends. Stand Out From the Crowd will help you harness the power of SEO to reach more people in your community. Whatever your profession or industry, this easy guide will help you attract more customers and keep them hooked.