The website audit is one of the best processes you have to keep your site running smoothly and to ensure you’re achieving your digital marketing goals.
Of course, it’s understandable if the term “audit” puts you off. It evokes images of business and financial complications and stuffy suits.
While a website audit might not be the most exciting aspect of your digital marketing, it is crucial for helping you figure out what is and is not working well for your website, and the changes you need to make to better serve your clients.
Here are just a few examples of some of the benefits of performing a website audit.
- Become aware of vulnerabilities and weaknesses: Your website audit helps you identify some of your website’s weak points so you know what you need to focus on. Examples could include poor security, low-quality content, slow loading times or lack of intuitiveness with the design.
- Improved performance: Once you know where your vulnerabilities and weaknesses lie in your website, you can hone in on those areas to improve your website’s performance. You could, for example, include speed tests or image optimization to help resolve issues with performance and load times.
- Better search engine rankings: The algorithms in search engines reward sites with good content and functionality, and punish sites that have broken links, slow loading times and poor general performance. Because website audits help you find opportunities to improve performance, they’ll also help you boost your search engine rankings.
- Better overall user experience: You should always keep your focus on what you can do to improve the user experience on your website. Your users aren’t going to want to spend much time on your website if it is clunky and dysfunctional. By enhancing the user experience, you are much more likely to turn visitors into actual clients.
- Develop stronger content: Website audits can help you more carefully analyze the written content you have on your site as well and determine opportunities for improvement. This includes focusing on the tone of the content, the information conveyed and how well you’re using language to encourage people to connect with your firm. By going through the audit process and acting on the findings, you can create much stronger content that results in more clients.
Ready to get started with a website audit for your firm? Contact us today at Conroy Creative Counsel to begin.