The quality of your website has a lot to do with your ability to turn online leads into new clients. But how can you be sure you are creating a website that will attract the right type of clients you are looking for? Here are the best secrets for a great website that will help you find your ideal clients:
- A focused homepage: Your homepage sets the tone for the rest of your website, and makes a first impression with your potential clients. Therefore, it should clearly and concisely convey the benefits you provide to your clients and how you provide them, with a touch of creativity. No one should be left wondering what your firm does, what its mission is or what its approach to client care is after visiting your homepage.
- Easy navigation: It should always be easy for visitors on your website to find exactly what information they are looking for. This means creating simple navigation functions and an easily navigable sitemap.
- A strong “about” page: The “About” page is one of the most visited pages on law firm websites, because people want to learn about your credentials, your case history and the kind of values you have as a firm or as an attorney. Your About page is your opportunity to build some trust in your potential clients and to brag a bit on your successes and experience.
- An interesting and helpful blog: Your blog is another way to build trust with potential clients, as it is a chance to show off your expertise in your particular practice area. You can use it to discuss complicated legal subject matters, simple tips for your clients or recent case examples, depending on the type of law you practice and the kinds of clients you are hoping to reach. Your blog also has the benefit of giving you a boost in search engines as you routinely publish high-quality content, and giving you additional fodder to share on your social media accounts.
- High-quality images: All images you use on your website should be high-quality, high-resolution photos. While law firm websites are not quite as reliant on photos and visuals as websites for other types of industries and businesses, it is still important you use professional photos. A professional headshot, for example, is much better than a quick picture you took of yourself on your smartphone camera. The quality of your photos helps show your audience that you take the way you present yourself as a professional seriously.
Want more tips for how you can get the most out of your law firm’s website? We are happy to provide you with assistance in building a website that attracts your ideal client.