What is content marketing? Why is it so important for your law firm?
Content marketing is one of the most effective ways to engage with your clients by focusing on delivering valuable and relevant content aimed towards your target audience. When you create consistent content that resonates with the reader, you are able to build a stronger bond with existing and future clients.
Benefits of Content Marketing
Like any marketing strategy, your goal is to expand your law firm. By creating original content using blogs, podcasts, research reports, infographics, videos, or links, you can offer helpful information to your audience. Once you have published quality content, you can distribute it through social media, other websites, magazines, and other media outlets.
Let’s take a look at the numerous benefits that content marketing can bring.
When you create content that shares similar values to your audience, you add a huge boost to your brand awareness and loyalty. By offering consistent content that resonates with your target clientele, it provides connection beyond just being a one-time client and creates a loyal relationship. Returning clients will not only offer you more business in the future, but will refer you or your firm to another potential client.
Some ways to create brand loyalty are:
- Providing outstanding customer service
- Creating a unique brand voice and telling your story
- Using social media
- Consistency in online presence
- Staying in touch with your viewers
- Encourage feedback and listen to make improvements
- Keep important client information to remember them by
Any time you provide relatable and engaging content you build trust with the viewer who reads it. Providing properly researched and beneficial content ensures that you are a trustworthy source of information. Deciding on a law firm can be difficult when there are so many available, and nobody wants to waste time or money on a business that is unreliable. With content marketing, you can give your law firm a personality by providing authentic content allowing you to stand out from your competitors.
Establishing Yourself as an Expert
Providing free content in your area of expertise not only builds trust, but allows you to show that you know what you’re talking about. Sharing content lets people recognize that you are putting work into the things that they need without expecting anything in return, and that you are passionate about what you know and have to offer.
Once you can establish yourself as a credible law firm to get information from, you are more likely to appear higher ranked in search engines, and clients feel inclined to reach out to you as an expert based on your content.
Increased Engagement with Your Clients
Of course you want to increase the amount of social media followers and returning visitors to your site, but posting quality content across different platforms is a way to gain traction online and bring more awareness to your place in the industry. Creating engaging content with social media posts or blogs allows you to create new opportunities to communicate.
Social media networks to consider as a law firm:
- Facebook: Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, and very popular among legal professionals. Here you can post with a higher chance of your posts being shared to friends and families of clients.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is specifically made for businesses, designed to promote your professional place in the industry and build connections with others which can be helpful for referrals.
- Twitter: Twitter can be a little more complex, but offers some different types of benefits for legal professionals. It can be a place to follow influential people within the industry that can be a source of inspiration, but also a way to engage with people sharing content about similar issues you find important and helpful to your clients.
- YouTube: YouTube is more helpful for your clients to see your personality show through. Videos can be useful when writing blog articles, and help with discoverability on web searches for relevant content.
- Instagram: Lawyers can use Instagram as a way to humanize their brand and bring relevant topics and issues to light. Posting content that is suited for your industry, taking a peek into your work life, and behind the scenes of a law firm can offer a more personable feel to your business.
With any of these platforms, you’re able to easily answer questions through comments or direct messages, creating a more positive association with your law firm. Once you show that you do have relevant and useful content, your viewers will be more inclined to share it with family, friends, or fellow colleagues leading back to more engagement and loyal followers.
Creates a More Targeted Audience
There are way too many potential clients out there to cater to everyone, so thinking about the niche of people you’d like to attract is important when planning content. Considering what you have to offer and how your services are able to benefit your client will aid you in the type of language you use, overall feel of your posts, and what type of information to include on your site. Also, by understanding the types of keywords that are relevant to your target audience, you can maximize Google and other organic searches to bring your audience closer to you.
Applying Content Marketing to your Law Firm Website
At Conroy Creative Counsel, we help you create the best law firm website available by offering stunning designs and guiding you on how to create quality content that directly communicates with your ideal client. With our deep understanding of effective marketing strategies, we can help clients reach professionals like yourself. Contact us today for a competitive advantage for you to stand out from the rest.